The RADIK (Polyglactin 90:10/PGLA) is a synthetic absorbable braided suture material made by Poly(glycolide-co-L-lactide) [Glacomer 91], coated with Poly(glycolide-co-L-lactide) [Glacomer 37] and Calcium stearate, has to be found to be inert, nonantigenic and nonpyrogenic.
Type of thread
- Reliable absorbability by hydrolysis
- Average 90% of the original tensile strength at 1 weeks.
- Average 75% of the original tensile strength at 2 weeks.
- Average 50% of the original tensile strength at 3 weeks.
- Predictable absorption (loss of mass) in 56 to 70 days.
Benefits of the Suture
- Excellent handling and knotting characteristics.
- Smooth tissue passage.
- Easy knotting and tie down.
- Excellent knot security.
RADIK sutures are available in dyed (violet) and undyed form.
Available thread sizes
USP 8/0 to 2 / Metric 0.4 to 5
From 150, 120, 100, 90, 80, 75, 70, 60, 50, 45 and 30 cm, with one or two or without needle, from one thread to 10 threads above.
Type of final presentation
The envelopes containing the sutures are packaged in a duly identified and protected with a cardboard box laminating plastic thermocontractable. The quantity can be: 12, 24 or 36 envelopes in each box.
Color of identification
The RADIK is identified by the Violet color (Pantone 243C) in the label pack.