The RASTORO FAST (Polyglycolic Acid Rapid/PGA Rapid) is a synthetic absorbable braided suture material coated with polycaprolactone and calcium stearate, have to be found to be inert, nonantigenic and nonpyrogenic
Type of thread
- Reliable absorbability by hydrolysis.
- Average 50% of the original tensile strength in 5-7 days after implantation.
- Predictable absorption (loss of mass) in about 42 days.
Benefits of the Suture
- Excellent handling and knotting characteristics.
- Smooth tissue passage.
- Easy knotting and tie down.
- Excellent knot security.
RASTORO sutures are available in dyed (violet) and undyed form.
Available thread sizes
USP 8/0 to 2 / Metric 0.4 to 5
From 150, 120, 100, 90, 80, 75, 70, 60, 50, 45 and 30 cm, with one or two or without needle, from one thread to 10 threads above.
Type of final presentation
The envelopes containing the sutures are packaged in a duly identified and protected with a cardboard box laminating plastic thermocontractable. The quantity can be: 12, 24 or 36 envelopes in each box.
Color of identification
The RASTORO FAST is identified by the Red color in the label pack.