The SIMFRA (Polyglecaprone) is a synthetic absorbable monofilament surgical suture material composed of Polyglycolide-poly (e-caprolactone) copolymer (PGCL)
Type of thread
- Reliable absorbability by hydrolysis. Essentially complete at 90-110 days.
- Average 65% of the original tensile strength at 1 weeks.
- Average 40% of the original tensile strength at 2 weeks.
- Average 0% of the original tensile strength at 4 weeks.
* this absorb profile base on undyed color
Benefits of the Suture
- High tensile strength for excellent tissue support.
- Excellent knot security
- Minimal tissue drag damage
- Excellent knot security.
SIMFRA sutures are available in dyed with D&C violet #2 and undyed (golden clear).
Available thread sizes
USP 6/0 to 2 / Metric 0.7 to 5
From 150, 120, 100, 90, 80, 75, 70, 60, 50 and 45 cm, with one or two or without needle, from one thread to 10 threads above.
Type of final presentation
The envelopes containing the sutures are packaged in a duly identified and protected with a cardboard box laminating plastic thermocontractable. The quantity can be: 12, 24 or 36 envelopes in each box.
Color of identification
The SIMFRA suture is identified by the orange color (PANTONE 150C) color in the label pack.